Saturday, February 21, 2009

Moments



Over the jiving tree-tops I see the moon rise
And linger in the moments of the day as it dies
I feel the moonlight illuminating
Flashes of the day as they are fading
Perhaps one day I’ll be a moonlit star
On this earth starlight I’ll shower
But today how much light did I give
How much did I really live
How many smiles did I spread
How many will recollect when I’m dead.
I sure had the opportunity
It is just that I did not see
I was so wrapped with myself
Proud of my posh and pelf
Weeping about my woes and whys
Fretting about my lows and highs
How many times did I think he, she or you
It was I, me, myself, my world view
To share a simile, a word of grace
Why do I have to think, why do I have to retrace
How much kindness did I generate
For my gesture how many had to wait
How many would be pall bearers when I die
I count the numbers, I heave a sigh
A realization dawns, this need not be my fate
I can still create compassion, reduce the hate
A moment later it may be too late
A moment I don’t have, at least to wait

No comments:

Post a Comment